US$ 15500 as cash prize in 2010 .INFO awards
Afilias, the registry operator for the .INFO domain, had lanched .INFO Awards 2007 . For initial two years (2007 and 2008) awards were conducted in Germany only. However, increasing popularity and success made Afilias expand the program internationally in 2009. Now in 2010, .Info awards program is open to all .INFO site owners, anywhere around the world.
2010 .INFO Awards
The call for entry ends on September 10, 2010. A panel of experts in the fields of website design and media will review submitted sites and determine a shortlist of the ten best .INFO websites. Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Presentation of content
- Functionality of the site
The short list will be published on October 5, 2010. The public may vote on their favorte .INFO site on the short list from October 5, 2010 until November 2, 2010. Winners will be announced shortly thereafter. A number of cash prizes are on for the winners.
- Entrants for the .INFO Awards must be the valid Registrant of the .INFO Domain Name submitted.
- The contact information of the Entrant must match one of the Registrant contacts in the .INFO Whois.
- The submitted website can represent institutions, associations, corporations, blogs, or individuals. The site may not violate the .INFO Domain Name Abuse Policy. Websites containing content that is pornographic, illegal, or otherwise deemed by the panel in its sole discretion to be offensive will not be considered.
- Staff members of Afilias, its holding companies, and ELEMENT C are excluded from participation. Previous winners of the .INFO Awards are not eligible.
- All address data will be stored with Afilias database. Multiple entries and automatically generated data will be excluded from participation.
- Winners will be announced on or before November 8, 2010.
- Winners must possess a valid physical address and phone number.
- This program is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Participation in this program is void where prohibited by law.
The winners of the 2010 .INFO Awards will be awarded the following cash prizes:
- 1st Prize: US$7500
- 2nd Prize: US$5000
- 3rd Prize: US$3000
To participate in the .INFO awards, visit http://www.info-award.info/
Registrations in .INFO first became available in 2001. INFO Domains are currently available in ten Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) scripts. For more information on .INFO please visit www.info.info.