When Your Domain becomes non Transferable
At times, due to various reasons, you may like to transfer your domain to other domain registrar. But, there are various cases where a domain name MAY NOT be transferable. If you are planing to transfer away your domain name, make sure status of your domain name adheres to guidelines provided in this article. Transfer denial of your domain could happen in the following circumstances:
- Domain Name is less than 60 days Old – If the domain you are trying to transfer is less than 60 days old, the request will get rejected by the Registry itself. Domain names less than 60 days old are not allowed to be transferred to any other registrar by ICANN Guidelines.
- Domain Name has been transferred less than 60 days ago – If you have transferred your domain name to a Registrar less than 60 days back, then it can not be transferred again for a period of 60 days. An exception to this rule is the transfer back to the previous Registrar in cases where both Registrars so agree and/or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.
- Your Domain Name is Locked – If your domain name is locked by you are your Domain Registration Service provider, then a Transfer Request for that domain name will not be allowed. You will first have to get the Domain Name unlocked from the Control Panel and then proceed with a Transfer Request.
- Your Registrar has applied a Lock or Hold on your Domain Name – If the current Registrar has applied a Lock or Hold on the domain name due to some pending issue, you would be advised to get in touch with their (current Registrar’s) Support Team to resolve this issue, before applying for a transfer.
- Domain is in Redemption Period or Pending Delete State – If the domain name is in Redemption Period or in the Pending Delete State, the domain name can not be transferred. Get in touch with the Registrar company to restore the domain name (except .UK TLD) from this status.
- Wrong Transfer Authorization Code – To transfer your domain away to a new Registrar, you need to obtain Transfer Auth code from your existing Registrar. In case you do not have the Transfer Auth Code or have wrong Transfer Auth Code, then the Transfer can be rejected.